SANTPEN commenced in late 2011 through an Australian Learning and Teaching Council (ALTC) initiative. With a focus on the Office for Learning and Teaching's (OLT) Awards, Grants and Fellowships Schemes it has the following aims.
- To develop a collegial network valuing the diversity and inclusiveness of the South Australian and Northern Territory higher education institutions.
- Support the advancement of teaching and learning priorities at each member institution acknowledging the diversity that exists and the opportunities collaboration provides.
- Provide and maximise on opportunities to share resources, disseminate good practice and innovations for the sustainable, long-term enhancement of learning and teaching.
- To build a broad cultural base for Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) across the six SANTPEN institutions.
- Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education
- Charles Darwin University
- Flinders University
- Tabor College Inc. (SA)
- The University of Adelaide
- University of South Australia